Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wheelchair rental
Does anyone know where I can rent a wheelchair for 2-3 months? I am going to go stir crazy if I cannot at least get out of my bedroom, plus it is the only way I will be able to get back to my classroom before the year ends and my sick leave runs out. I will need one with a wider seat.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Have your physician write you a perscription for one- and then insurance will pay for it. GL
Check with Rainbow Med Supply in Shipman Park
http://www.rainbowmedicalsupply.com/

You could also contact Apria in Hilo.... it seems that you need a prescription to get just about anything from them

We have also had luck checking at the Keaau Transfer & Sally Shop/Goodwill type shops... but the last time we needed one for a guest, we were able to borrow one from our church, so that might be another place to check....
I just saw one yesterday at the pahoa transfer station. If you want me to go tomorrow and see if it's still there I'm happy to do it. I have no idea what condition it's in or how much it is, but I think most things are clean-able or heck we could cover it up with something!

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Thanks so much Dayna,
My husband was going there this morning anyway, he already checked the Kea'au transfer station and there weren't any there.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
hey carol. i have one you could borrow for a few months. it is standard size , a bit less than 17 between handles, not extra wide. but clean.. let me know if it would work for you. i actually bought it for my buddy pam lamont who would not use it but thought it would be a good thing to have around. my husband just set in it and he is a big boy and said it was comfortable. email me through the forum linnette
Linette,
Just sent you a reply.
Carol

Carol
Carol

Polish Proverb