Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Market
Wish I could concur that a bull correction happened and is over. I moved into bonds when the market (Dow) hit 13900 and I will stay there for a while. The indexes all confirmed monthly highs (July). The high this week is lower than the last high (week of 8/10), which was lower than the previous high ( all time high (week of 7/20). Expect this pattern to continue unless the market makes a weekly high higher than the last confirmed weekly high, which just occured. Even then it would have to take out the all time high to signal a reversal. I doubt that the highs of Friday, either in the futures or cash markets, will be exceeded. If so, it may be short lived. Again, I sincerely hope you hold your gains. It just appears obvious that the bull run that started in March 2003 has ended. Note that there were many big downs since 2003, but the overall trend (big picture) was up because each major weekly confirmed low was higher than the previous confirmed low. The picture now is lower highs, not higher lows.

Mahalo,
Mling

By staying diverse keeps a balance in my portfolio. Equities, cash and overseas investment are why I didn’t have a major crash. Don’t get me wrong I took a rather large hit, but I’ve made 50% of that back by Friday. I think selling off is very dangerous, I haven’t met anyone yet that can time the market. I’m in for the long haul with some slight adjustments along the way.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
KScott,
It is good you have a balanced porfolio. However, I am not sure you are hearing what I am saying. Is your profolio equipped for a bear market? Are you proactive? As I tax accountant, I have seen it all. I have seen unrealized profits disappear more times than I care to relate. Remember the nightmares of the Roth IRA's? If you bail out now, with a small loss, you could be a happy camper if the market continues south. If it goes north, you can get back in when it takes out the high, only missing a small margin. Why gamble with uncertainty? Again, I am not offering advice. Every individual must make their choice. I just feel the need to speak out -when I see happening again, what caused so much pain to so many, in the not so distant past.

Mahalo,
Mling