Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind has increased, not decreased OMG
Did I read the 11am advisory right?
These type of storms tend to strengthen during the warm part of the day and weaken at night.

edit to add:I noticed it has increased its speed to 16mph, from 9pmh as well.
Yes, and KGMB is reporting on TV that the eye has reformed. Crap! Be safe all!

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

These type of storms tend to strengthen during the warm part of the day and weaken at night.

edit to add:I noticed it has increased its speed to 16mph, from 9pmh as well.

That's good right? Thanks for the info.
Increased forward speed is a very good thing. Nothing worse than one that sits on you a grinds away.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Latest prediction is that Iselle will still be at hurricane strength when it reaches the Big Island, and only weaken to a tropical storm as it passes over.
I'm wondering if it will make a freakish hard turn North and then hard West like the one last time when getting too close to this rock. Let's hope so.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

I'm wondering if it will make a freakish hard turn North and then hard West like the one last time when getting too close to this rock. Let's hope so.

That happened in the early 90's too when I lived in Honokaa - coming straight at us. We went to bed expecting the worst and woke up to sunny and nice and hurricane veered way north and then west.
Agree with Kcat - we were at Hapuna and coming back puna side we had some winds n rain in kamuela but no body on roads all the way to Hilo.That storm went south of south point by 50 miles and was absolutely sunny n calm the next day.
I think that was Iniki but memory fades lately.
Lets just hope it is much ado about nothing.
This one will be windy,some what a gully washer but wind sheer will knock it down to more calm and just some winds n rains in our experience of living here over 80 years.
It is the large long earthquakes that are more scarey and un predictable which we have not had in eons.
Lucky we live Hawaii the island.
Life is a Blessing.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag213.html