Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalapana - Hawaii Star Visitor Sanctuary
quote:
Originally posted by oink

@ opihikao

I've had to deal with somewhat similar issues with a loved one so I can empathize. I wish you and your family the best in navigating the best path. I've never met him but even in the videos his goodheartedness (aloha) shines through. My loved one wasn't a well known and adored public figure, making things both more simple and private.

I'm wanting to express my feelings to you but I'm having second thoughts about this post. I'll quickly delete if you like.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Mahalo, oink, very much. It is a delicate situation, with only Uncle's best interest at heart.

I posted this initially to hopefully gain some knowledge from our Punaweb ohana, being this is a small island, and Puna is even smaller. Lots of informed posters here, with lots of insight.

Additionally, everyone does love and adore Uncle, so it would help for all of us to know what's going on in Kalapana as a whole.

We all can (should) keep a watchful eye on all of our kupuna, and be certain no one takes advantage of them in their golden years.

Warm aloha to you.

JMO.

ETA: If anyone attends the "Ceremony", please let us know how it went. Mahalo in advance.
quote:
Originally posted by opihikao

quote:
Originally posted by wailani

I would not worry about Uncle Roberts mental state. I have known that man for over thirty years. I first met him when i started my employ with the County. Ah you did notice the sparkle in his eye, His love and Aloha still shows. He is in better shape upstairs because of that love and aloha than most of you.

Yes, he does have LOTS of aloha, wailani. The concern is that some will take advantage of him (and his aloha) as has been done in the past. We had to deal with it for him. Uncle has a hard time saying "NO" because of his aloha for all. We are ohana, and will always worry about Uncle, especially as he ages.

The situation in Kalapana has become very concerning over the past few years given the weekly markets, parties, etc. Since Puna died, there is a big change going on in Kalapana, and NOT for the better.

JMO.

I understand, Mahalo for your concerns.

quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

quote:
Originally posted by Ken

quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

Great, as a sense of humor is valuable ally in these times. .

And what makes "these times" any different from any other time?

The rapid evolution of high technology through the aid of science - for better or worse , depending on the breadth of your perspective.

The ability to destroy our planet through accidental or purposeful acts.

The present state of our global environmental problems , which stem from an apparent attitude that , "money is king" , and then the willingness to do anything do get it. Related to this is the attitude that science can fix anything we "humans mess up", which my not be true.

The gradual at first, but now seen to be accelerating loss of awareness,or "consciousness" of a spiritual reality that exists
concerning our relationship with mother nature, the womb and source of all life.

The level of control achieved over humanity by the "puppet master".
Along with this is the sheer numbers of humanity , which as far as we can tell is the greatest it has ever been.

I could go on , but you get the picture.

Great answer. Great post. I couldn't agree more.
"Fix the environmental problems at the voting booth" I'm sure no republican but that is a down right funny statement.and then to say it's an easy fix,want to buy a bridge?
quote:
Originally posted by fishenjim

"Fix the environmental problems at the voting booth" I'm sure no republican but that is a down right funny statement.and then to say it's an easy fix,want to buy a bridge?

Not buying any bridges, sorry, but come to think of it, the republicans did a pretty bang up job closing one in New Jersey!

In all honesty, think about it.

If the elected representatives can't see reality in front of their faces, what more can be done?

Originally posted by Ken
quote]Originally posted by fishenjim[/i]

[/quote]

Not buying any bridges, sorry, but come to think of it, the republicans did a pretty bang up job closing one in New Jersey!

In all honesty, think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sSxgj55e0

If the elected representatives can't see reality in front of their faces, what more can be done?

[/quote]

In all honesty think about this - Democrats & Republicans
which is the equivalent of Tweedledee & Tweedledum .
They end up in the same place with slightly different methods

By the way that ufo link is good - it's at the hilo airport if you haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sSxgj55e0