Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any one know
I live in Eden Roc been without power since Thursday night been all around the area no down poles are lines does anyone know where we tie into the main power system they have power to Mt view we are just a couple of miles from there.

jrw
jrw
I live about a hundred yards from Island Naturals in Pahoa. Power has been on for a few days on Pahoa Main Street.... not my street yet. Main lines first I guess, then they branch out. There was a shortage of equipment on island. A load came in from Oahu Monday night. More is probably on the way.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
jrw, do you need water or ice?

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
jrw - I don't know if this will be of any use to you at all, but if you can get out of your area you could try asking for an update directly from Helco at the Hawaiian Shores Community Center in Hawaiian Beaches. I realise this isn't at all ideal, but I suspect no one here will be able to answer your request for information satisfactorily. This is from Helco's latest press release:

"Hawaii Electric Light continues to operate its Customer Information Center at the Hawaiian Shores Community Center in Hawaiian Beaches. An estimated 300 to 400 people visited the center when it opened on Monday. Company representatives will be on hand to answer questions from the public and provide the status of repairing the damage. Customers may bring their electronic devices and get them charged. A charging station will be available at the center. The center will remain open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. as the restoration process continues."

If you need help, let us know, I'm sure there will be many able to help, I think hooligal also implied that. Good luck and hope things are fixed for you soon.

If anyone knows of any other centers Helco have set up to provide information, let everyone know, but suspect they are concentrating on Lower Puna right now.