Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Christie gets five year sentence
The unfortunate saga of Roger Christie may be coming to a conclusion soon. A five year sentence, when time served is accounted, may result in his release in a month or two according to West Hawaii Today. Sherryanne Christie, was sentenced to 27 months in prison for her role in the case.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/state-wi...-27-months
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Meanwhile, the system allowed despicable punks such as the Krause brothers to terrorize Puna, and then after one gets caught stealing from a farmer up on North Road, arrested, charged, and released, they go on to murdering Dante Gilman...

I don't understand how a pot selling priest is considered to be a "danger to the community," but raping murderers such as Claude Krause are allowed to go on a crime spree.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20702...idden-cash

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
It is hard to reconcile. But one is a federal charge the other is a state charge. I do wish the state charged criminal acts were dealt with as strictly as the feds.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
This is good news for Puna, and the state of Hawaii. How and why was he held so long without bail of any kind if now they are making it out like it was not so bad after all?. The only problems I saw with Cristie's religion or business was how expensive his medicine was to his patients or the folks who needed help. It almost seemed like HPD new for quite some time and allowed his growing business to thrive until he had amounted something and the feds could get involved. Roger being a terrorist or treated like one with no bail is just gross government, court, and police use of power. Why do so many policeman and fireman get to drink till they are drunk, then get into their vehicles and drive home from the golf courses or talk story sessions putting so many in immediate danger?. The ones like Conrad Mossman can actually run people over, kill them, leave them at the scene for dead, lie after about it(his wife was driving), and get only a slap on the wrist. Yet Cristie get's his bail denied, everything taken away including his good reputation in a small community, who did he kill?. P.S maybe the laws or feelings about marijuana were changing quickly while he was incarcerated the last five years?.
I have no way of knowing why Roger Christie was held as long as he was without a trial. But if I had to guess it might have come down to irritating the wrong person at a federal level. He was allowed to oversee his cannabis ministry with minimal interference. He sold certificates for $50 that claimed the bearer could grow plants as part of their church activities without much of a problem. He carried cannabis on interisland flights and showed it to teenagers on one particular flight without any trouble. He smoked.

The trouble really began when he decided to go downtown and open a venue on Bayfront. That was when the Feds took offense. He had poked a stick too far into the hornets nest and they were going to use him to make a point. And they took it as far as they could, as long as they could, legally or not.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The Supreme Court Hobby Lobby decision granted an exception to the ACA for religious beliefs that are not supported by any scientific evidence. Part of the reasoning Alito gave was that HHS had set up an exemption procedure for religious organizations. The procedure involves sending in a form to the government saying they don't want to comply with some particulars of the women's preventive healthcare mandate. And then yesterday SCOTUS doubled down, releasing an injunction on behalf of a religious college that even sending in the form is not required. The Ginsberg dissent warned that the majority opinion was not narrow and would allow nearly any religious belief to create an exemption to nearly any law.

So I wonder if Roger Christie can appeal his conviction based on Hobby Lobby? Just as SCOTUS and lower courts did not challenge the reality basis of the religious claims for exemptions, Christie would also not have to defend his professed belief that marijuana is a religious sacrament. Could be the Supreme Court has given him a way out.
Sorry about eating my neighbor. Its just that I practice cannabilism as my religon...
Man cathlics don't even get a few days in jail for taking advantage of young boys. But they better not be smoking a harmless plant or the'll get 5 years!

Even religion couldn't save him....

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX