Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criminal Watch for Puna
FYI: These punks got away last night again! [Sad!]

East Side Big Island Watch

Lic# HAE 008 Light Blue Toyota 4 Runner, this vehicle has been used in recent break in's in the Puna and Hawaiian Beaches Area HPD instructed to stop and arrest all occupants, approach with caution, last seen on 9th between Paradise and Maku'u.
Hey there -- Lara Yamada w/ KITV. I've been hearing a few reports of looting and concerns of looting in the storm-damaged areas.
Got any info? My email: lyamada@kitv.com. Thank you! -- you can reach me in the newsroom too: 808-535-0440...
Friend of mine told me there are reports of a Harper's moving truck that was rented to go around and loot. Not sure where she heard it. She was part of the giveaway team down at Pahoa High. Wondering if anyone else heard the same.
Hey Lara Yamada,

Why not report on people helping their neighbors which is what is happening 99% of the time? Why sensationalize looting which is happening rarely just to advance your career???

Markie
Markie
Hey Lara - why not report on Helcos unwillingness to protect their lines and upgrade their grid while they rake in millions of dollars in profit every year?
Americans don't want real journalism, just sensational news and "reality" TV programming. Don't blame Lara for trying to DELIVER ratings.

Meanwhile, several users of this forum are DELIVERING ice, water, food, and other necessities to those who need it. But don't expect it to get covered on the news. Nobody wants to see that. When Puna was getting buried in trees and power lines, the news media ran 2 days of recurrent brief footage of the "raging Wailuku river" in non-storm-struck Hilo. It was pathetic. Hey... we're 30 minutes away from Hilo....

The "storm footage" from Waikoloa and Kona with their clear blue skies, calm winds and seas.... wow.

quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

Hey Lara - why not report on Helcos unwillingness to protect their lines and upgrade their grid while they rake in millions of dollars in profit every year?

Yes, that could fall under "criminal".[Big Grin]

Thank you, Lara, for covering our plight over here. This is a very serious problem, and happening all over Puna. Please continue to cover our challenges, as it has only just begun. We need the media to get the word out about this and other issues we are facing. SEND MORE HELP! Mahalo again. JMO.

FYI:

Please tune into KITV News tonite, they will have an update regarding all the looting that has been going on in Hilo and the Puna district since the Hurricane, Thank you Lara Yamada....

ETA: Italics for Lara Yamada's post. E kala mai
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

Meanwhile, several users of this forum are DELIVERING ice, water, food, and other necessities to those who need it. But don't expect it to get covered on the news. Nobody wants to see that.
terracore, I'm known to poke fun at the way Oahu would sooner cover a pothole in Waikiki over a real story over here, but what you said is not true.

Free giveaway of ice, water, tarps in Puna were in fact covered and with a good amount of time too.