Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPPOA
Thank you for the clarification.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Morgan: I'm still here in the wings Chunkster. I hope you understand that I have to keep a low profile, but I will try to give input when appropriate....and helpful, and not "stir the pot" as someone suggested I was doing early on. Receivership has its pros and cons. A lot got done, mainly because of strong, Court appointed professional management and little, if any, involvement of the Board.

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

It should be noted that Kahunascott is the recently terminated general manager, and thus might not be fully objective. I have spoken with several HPP residents who lived here with contracted professional management under receivership, and they described it as the best period they can recall. Also, I believe Morgan Sky, when she was posting early in the hu-hu, described the receivership management as competent and able to get some paving done without bond money. Sounds good to me. I have no confidence in the current or previous board to get anything constructive done. Can we petition Judge Nakamura to put us back into receivership?

HILO, Aug. 21, 2014 (11:45 a.m.) – Electric service has been restored to approximately 300 customers in Vacationland and Kapoho Beach Lots who have been without power following Tropical Storm Iselle. At this time, more than 99 percent of Hawaii Island customers now have power.

An estimated 800 customers remain without power. Nearly all of these customers are in Nanawale Estates, where electrical line crews are focusing their efforts and expect to make more progress today.

The storm caused extensive damage in that area, with many streets impacted by fallen trees, downed power lines and damaged utility poles. Tree-trimming and construction crews have been working in those areas to clear roads and dig holes for poles, so electrical line crews can move in and work safely and efficiently.

In the interests of safety, crews will complete repairs before restoring power to the subdivision. Restoration progress may be impacted by access due to storm debris, fallen trees, or other conditions in the field.

"We understand how hard it's been for these customers who have been without power for such a long time. We assure them that we we're committed to restoring service to all of our customers," said Darren Pai, Hawaii Electric Light spokesman.

Customers in other areas who are still without power should report their outage by calling 969-6666.

Utility crews are working with the county and other agencies to clean up storm debris and damaged utility equipment. As a safety precaution, customers are reminded not to touch or move any fallen poles, lines or other utility equipment.

Electrical line crews are also continuing to work on smaller outages in the following areas:
Hawaiian Paradise Park, Leilani Estates, and Lanipuna Gardens. In addition, tree-trimming and hole-digging crews are continuing to work in Hawaiian Acres, Lanipuna Gardens, Mauna Loa Estates, Nanawale, Pohoiki Road, and Volcano.

Although crews have made good progress, it could still take another two weeks – and in some cases, even longer – to restore power to the areas with the most significant damage. Actual restoration times for each location will depend on the extent of the damage.

Customer Information Center in Puna

Hawaii Electric Light's Customer Information Center is at the Leilani Estates Community Center at 13-3441 Moku Street in lower Puna. Operating hours are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The center will close after Friday, Aug. 22. After the center closes, customers may call 969-6666 for status updates.

Until then, company representatives will be on hand to answer questions from the public and provide the status of repairs. Free Wi-Fi access and a charging station will also be available at the center. Customers may bring their electronic devices to the center and get them charged there.
" There seems to be plenty of basis from more than one source here to, for example, discuss the firing or lay off of the HPP road crew and management,"

Well, now that Morgan has posted the truth, I can agree !
Very Refreshing Morgan...Mahalo...basis can do without gossip and hearsay

Thanks again Morgan!