Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputable Firearms Dealer?
Can anyone recommend a reputable firearms dealer? Wanting to get a shotgun. And, where are the best shooting ranges for target practice? Mahalo!
Only range I have heard of is the old one off Flume rd, right turn off of Stainback heading towards the jail. Was a discussion a while back on this, not sure whether in archive pages or not. If you do find a good shop, check to see if they are able to receive and process a weapon bought on line, and what they charge, if shops inventory does not please you. Some dealers are happy to do this, and others not, for obvious reasons.

Community begins with Aloha
Check Tokunaga Store or Sports Authority for the be$t deals. They can also set you up with ammo and they will give you directions to the County range just a block away which is shotguns only. Also, there is a new indoor range just opened in the industrial area off Kanoelehua.
Oh , I almost forgot... Go to the police station (firearms) to obtain your long gun permit. (14 business day waiting period)you cannot take your shotgun home without it.
Oh, thank you so much for the good info. Wonderful!
J Hara store in Kurtistown.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Z Sports, Sports Authority in HILO. I usually buy my toys from Young Guns on Oahu.
Added note- I purchase from MidwayUSA and have my local dealer process for me. They ship UPS, if you have a PO box, it is transferred to USPS for final delivery on parts, ammo, etc. Could not find any info on not shipping to Hi, so maybe check it out. Their website also has a free target download. Have good prices, inventory, fast shipping and everything for shooting, reloading, hunting and gun smithing. Built a few nice rifles using their products.

Community begins with Aloha
FFL Dealers in Hilo:
  • Zane, Garrett K H
  • Maebo, Blane Akira
  • Poulin, Guy S
  • Fukamizu, Raymond H
  • Yamasaki, George
  • Lim, Bruce & Lim, Donna
  • Kobayashi, Nash I
  • Kawamura, Leslie T
  • Horita, Mark
  • Island Shooters Supply

Go to the linked Cheaper Than Dirt page and click on FFL the dealer's name and get phone, address and map:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FFLDealers/FFLDealersByCity.aspx?city=Hilo&state=HI

While CTD's prices are some of the best I don't know if they will ship to a Hawaii FFL. For the mainland their firearm prices include the shipping.

Here's the main Hawaii FFL page if you want to look at other cities: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FFLDealers/

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.