Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Pooling
Carpoolworld.com looks at exactly where everyone lives and works to find perfect carpool matches for everyone. Our exclusive TripMatchTM process uses advanced computing technology to make perfect carpool matching easy, fast and precise.

Please read on for more carpool/vanpool information.

I've seen the grey van around town, so I know that it currently active option for us here in Puna too. [8D]https://www.carpoolworld.com/help.html

http://apps.vride.com/Find/Do?from=&to=Hilo,%20HI
Q: There's a natural boundary (river, park, train tracks, highway, etc.) in my area - how does your system know not to try to match me with people on the other side of the boundary?

A: Our system works by Earth geometry only, it does not know where the natural boundaries are. There are good reasons why we do it this way: First of all, a natural boundary for a car, such as a park or a one-way street, may not be a problem for commuters who will be walking to their carpool. Another example is that your back-door neighbor could have a long way to drive to your house, but he could also just walk across the back yards. Downtown, you can walk through building complexes but cars have to drive around. So we need to match potential carpool partners based on 'walking closeness' between their trip origins or places of work. You need the road network to plan your driving directions, to estimate the travel time, or to find alternate routes, etc. But to match carpool partners, you need to know how close together the homes are, and how close together the places of work are. And you need to perform the geometric calculations efficiently over your entire database for each search, a process that we pioneered. Still, if you do feel that there is some significant topographic issue in your area, just put a note in your description box to advise the other travelers and that will take care of it.
Doesn't mean we can't create a carpool/vanpool that would work for us here in Puna. It's a start to unite to lessen the traffic during the potential lava disaster we face.

Just trying to provide options for us to work together[^]