Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subaru mechanic?
Anyone know a good Subaru mechanic? I have had some repairs done at Lex Brodie, and was not happy. Twice they "fixed" an obvious noise, and I drove it off the lot with the same noise. Seems they don't even road test to identify a noise or afterwards to check that it was fixed. They sure will give you a list of what else your car needs.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Try Ed Minor @ Kolohe Auto Repair on 19th in HPP. He did a great job on our Forrester and VW. 965-9910

JMO, of course.
Hi Peg,

If its o.k., would you describe the noise or what you are dealing with now ? Different places for different things.

aloha,
pog
I take my car to Curlee's in HPP for repair. Most of the time the actual bill comes in under estimate and everything they have fixed has stayed fixed. Had one minor problem that reoccurred and they fixed it for free.
Thanks for some suggestions here. It is a back up light problem this time.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Check the fuse. I think that one is on the panel by your knee, driver side. If not, it's in the engine compartment panel by your battery. My wiper fluid pump went out last week, turns out it was the $.35 fuse. Yay! Extra set of fuses can be found on the inside of the engine compartment fuse box , along with the fuse puller tool. I have an 06 outback, so your fuse box locations might vary by year and model. Good luck Smile

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Not the fuse, not the bulbs and the manuals look nothing like the car. GRRR.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
The backup lights are controlled in one of 2 ways. There is either a switch located near the shifter that detects the position of reverse being selected, or the switch is on/near the transmission, where the cable goes into it for gear selection. If you have a manual trans, it is probably the 1st I mentioned, automatic can be either.
Try looking here http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/ I have owned a handful of Subarus over the years and anytime I have gotten stuck on a repair or needed a question answered most of the time I can find it here. Its a fairly easy site to navigate and has a good search. A lot of these guys are serious Subaru nuts! Good luck

__"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."__
__"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."__