Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava Misinformation on Twitter
Just an FYI, @LavaDaily on twitter is posting images from Fogo stating that they are in Pahoa. I am not a big twitter user - is there a way to correct this information without spamming the #punalavaflow channel or having to respond to each tweet? Or maybe best to not feed the troll?

I wonder if "clear and present danger" applies to intentional misinformation in a state of emergency. Our Mayor was a lawyer...

https://twitter.com/LavaDaily
Some examples:

#punalavaflow lava flows through @acehardwarehi & Lex Brodie #Pahoa Marketplace this morning @GovHawaii @DavidIge4Gov

Lava rushes through #Pahoa Government center @GovHawaii in this mornings high-light of #PunaLavaFlow #kilauea

Ignore the twits on twitter.
Check out youtube, lots of garbage on there about the flow too.
It's hard to tell what they are attempting to do, is it supposed to be The Onion type humor (but not very funny), political trash talk, or just general mayhem & foolishness?

Instead of replying to their tweet, maybe we can post our own, like:

Lava flow still 1 mile from Pahoa town, only threat faced by residents today is eruption of dangerously bad Photoshop tweets.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Photo shopped photo's are sure funny.
Next they will say the airport post office and main runways are over run with lava,the hilo harbor and docks over run with fresh lava 300 feet thick. Or the only high speed railroad in Puna is inundated with fresh lava ,virtually shutting down rail access for all of lower Puna.
The twits on twitter sure have active imaginations.
What a hoot.
It's random boring internet spam jibberish.
my guess is @lavadaily is either SheaG or KamaainaK... although since they arent using up their entire 140 characters, I am guessing SheaG
LOL!
What kind of an idiot would post continual lies like that? Sad and pathetic.