Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man found not guilty in home invasion trial
I just read this story. I cut and pasted the short text. Anyone know more about this? Guess I can't comment without finding out more about this.

Man found not guilty in home-invasion trial
7 hrs ago : West Hawaii Today
A 45-year-old Kurtistown man was acquitted Monday of robbing gamblers at gunpoint in Hawaiian Paradise Park almost two years ago. A jury of seven women and five men deliberated less than two hours before finding John Krause not guilty of first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and first-degree terroristic threatening.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Comforting to know Puna still has at least six armed and dangerous thugs that could show up at anytime when enough valuables come together. Maybe this John Krause guy was found not guilty because he was innocent? Does the Puna police department know anything more about the incident now that a few years has passed, and that they apparently arrested the wrong guy?
Dice and poker games seem to be popular here and on Oahu, like chicken fighting? Yet when recent area profit making gamblers admit their habits(steal $150,000) or get busted with millions in equity, very light to no punishment seems to be the judicial norm.
Jmo here, resent Message to area keiki. Kids stay away from the hot lava as trespassing is dangerous and illegal. Local Home invasions and illigal gambling will pay far better while giving the thrill seekers a similar rush with less media embarrassment or chance of time being served?. Also added perks like if you admit your gambling addiction first here in the aloha state you may get a pass and or our mayor may help you raise the missing funds and or bail amounts needed to cover your theft. Yet lava tresspassing junkies, non-seatbelt wearing folk, or terrible drivers talking and texting continue to be our areas biggests concerns for community safety and much needed judicial income?

P.S. Concerned for The young folks who were possibly hiding in the bathtub and or bathroom, who were scared to death during the mentioned masked armed robbery in Paradise Park. They probably are not wanting to play dice, lucky nine or cards as much anymore, especially now that Krause is free again?
Perhaps the jury felt appropriate justice will be served by the people that he stole from? Just a thought...

Community begins with Aloha
Disturbing trend here, The last name Krause is either very popular in these parts or bad to the bone. A couple years back their was a murder here in Puna involving two young men with the name Krause who were caught on video tape thankfully. Also had this John Krause robbery at gun point with five others involved who were never apprehended. A decade or two ago a lady was sexually assaulted by A Claude Krause in lower Puna, He got 10 years I think? The lady victim, sorry i forgot her name. Worked tirelessly for years in trying to bring justice to two high profile area murder cases, the Mathison case and Ireland case.
Gypsy, great memory. I believe the woman you speak of was Mayapple McCullough (sp?). She indeed was a champion for justice for Yvonne Mathison, and Dana Ireland.

Bless her soul.

JMO.
Yes,
Mayapple.
Tireless advocate.
"Citizens for Justice" RIP
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...06015.html
Good evening Opihikao. Thank you for the memory complement, especially these days. Mayapple helped a lot of people from here, find or keep faith in life and the justice system through some very trying times. She was living in WaWa when she was attacked and assualted by that Claude Krause in her home. He then served 10 years in our failing Hawaii corrections or jail system before being released for what a year? I believe it was the same Claude Krause who then convinced his younger cousin to help him with the neighbor murder of Gilman a couple years back now?

As to the John Krause who supposedly robbed the dice and poker game down in paradise park, maybe some relations to the other Krause's?. I heard Lance Yamada who was busted a time or two in hilo a few years back for his gambling slot machines was at Marlones house that evening when it was robbed. He would probably want to or have reasons to help the police more than most at the moment, and he carries large enough amounts of cash on him to care if it was taken at the game? Not much really came about the last couple of large gambling busts on the island( Yamadas or Fords) most are probably doing the same things now as we write?
JMO here, Sure seems as if gambling could lead to violence or broken home life just as easy if not easier than these religious marijuana smokers or dealer types our police spend millions and decades trying to bust, harrass, seize, or confiscate from? The next big future targets to rob or have 24 hour surveillance jobs at will be the dispensaries for medical marijuana on island, maybe one of the reasons they don't want just anybody opening one just yet? By the way, get plenty local chicken fights, card games, and dice games this weekend or any weekend all over this island and state. Why not make gambling legal here in the state when the state legalizes marijuana? They are both county and state black market revenue makers already in my opinion.