Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Annual Cookie Exchange!!
Put it on the calendar. December 12, about 4:30 or so. It is the 7th Annual Cookie Exchange and pot luck. This is held at the Kea’au Lighted Christmas Parade route in lovely downtown Kea’au. I’ll be setting up In the same place as the last two years on the Kea’au/Pahoa road. Just across the street (mauka) of the Kikania intersection. It is a little more than half way between Kea’au and the high school.

There will be pop-ups, Christmas lights, tables, and a generator to keep thing bright and festive. There will be hot coco and marshmallows served.

Just bring HOMEMADE cookies to share as well as a potluck dish if you want. If you bring food to share, please bring a serving spoon too!

PLEASE, you MUST bring your own chair to sit on!! There won’t be any extras!! If you have an extra pop-up or tables, that would be welcome, just let me know so I can make arrangement to pick them up ahead of time. I’ll be at the set-up location about 7:00 Saturday morning to set up the tents to save our spot. I’ll also get the grass chopped back to we can keep the feed dry!

There is a certain amount of parking in the field right behind where we’ll be setting up. Come early if you want to part there and not have to walk. The parade starts at the high school at 5:45 so be there early enough enjoy each other’s company before the parade starts. I’ll be back up at the tents about 3:00-3:30 to string light and set up the tables. If you have time, stop by and lend a hand and chat!!

For those that would like, Jim & Carey will have their open house for
anyone before & after parade AND even more on-street parking.
Their house is ~4 blocks from the Cookie Exchange
Just a reminder... only one week away for the Parade and Cookie Exchange. Hope to see you there!

We're planning on being there, sure had a good time last year!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Last reminder!!! Cookie Exchange at the Kea'au Christmas Parade! I'll be setting up at 7:00 tomorrow morning to grab our regular spot and chop a few weeds in the parking area. Stop and say hi if you are in the area that early!!

Another fun night at the Cookie Exchange! Good to see you and Debbie again EightFingers!! Hope we catch up together sooner than next year!

I wish we could have come- we had a neighborhood thing that was at the same time. Maybe next year! I still remember when we went to Royall's parade shelter in 2011, met Royall, Carey and a lot of other great folks, felt the Aloha and one of the reasons why we moved here in 2012. Frankly, I don't like parades, but I do love some Aloha with peppermint schnaps.
Royall, we had a great time. Sure had my cookie fix with all those great cookies!
We'd like to do a Scuba (beach) Sunday to!
Puna: Our roosters crow first