Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importing our imported food
just a case of another person realizing how much is imported around them

No, I'm well aware how much food is imported. I just didn't realize that it was then being imported again after being processed, which additional step seems completely unnecessary.

It's always aina, aina, aina

...when the politicians need an argument against growth; they love to pay lip service to "self-sufficiency".

why not conjure up the gumption to do something

Rest assured I am "doing something", otherwise I wouldn't be out at the crack of dawn, hoping to save a few minutes by outsourcing breakfast.
outsourcing breakfast

Cue suggestions to get up at 3 AM so you can:
*Raise goats for milk
*Feed chickens for eggs
*Plant papayas
*Pig hunting for bacon
*Take Saddle Road when you drive to Costco for best price on night vision googles which you'll need to wear while doing chores

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Cue suggestions to get up at 3 AM so you can:

I'll wrap all that in "sustainable ag tourism" and get some mainland visitors to do it for me.
Think "have the unique Hawaiian experience of traditional palm frond roofed bungalows on a working sustainable farm with 100% organic products to select for your bountiful meals prepared in rich, family tradition".
Translation: give me 500.00 a night, two night minimum, no refunds. There's your dirt floored hut, there's your food ( pointing towards the garden and livestock pens). Check out is at 09:00am, have an enjoyable stay.

Community begins with Aloha
i do my fair share in sustainability , i get up everyday crack of dawn and trudge off to work , the taxes i pay helps pay for the unemployed when i return home at 6 pm i do my farm chores , pick fruit, feed animals . we live on an island there will always be imported goods . and oh yes i buy a starbucks coffee everyday i support a handful of their employees. that business and those workers also pay taxes that feed the masses on EBT
7-11 is the same - make all the sandwiches on Oahu and ship on flights to the outer islands daily .
KTA Bakery same same - all pre mixes all shipped in from Oahu as is the same with FoodLand / sak n slave .All factory foods mixed and made on oahu and flown over to the outer islands to be baked / made fresh / put on shelves locally daily .
That is why we raise as much as we can and do barters n trades and even donate the excess to the Food Basket and also give to our church which then helps feed dinners once a week to the on the edge families or any one who is hungry .We also take meals to those who are stuck at home or can not drive for what ever reason . We do our part keeping it local .

Mrs . Mimosa