Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KMC in volcano
I can already see the visitor advertising campaign.

Visit Beautiful Puna, Hawaii
Blue Ocean!
Blue Skies! (don't blink)
Blue Tarps!

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Here's my take...

Without a costco to anchor an attraction to move here and without TMT to provide the jobs and more people moving here and other business establishment opening up (such as bowling alleys).

Choices will continue to remain "limited" for the people here for a long time. The locals or you let the locals speak for you, this is what you get! It's either you enjoy this type of lifestyle or you get with the program ...

How do I do that???????? Do like this lady did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqq_x-byEUU
fwiw... there are NO bowling alleys in Hilo or Puna... KMC in HVNP is in Ka'u

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Without a costco to anchor an attraction to move here and without TMT to provide the jobs and more people moving here and other business establishment opening up

The people have spoken, and they want to "keep it country", so here we are.

I used to think some development would be nice, but then I figured out how to live without it, because that's the reality we actually have today. This doesn't excuse County's poor planning and execution; I continue to think those problems are stupid ... but, again, it's the reality we have today.

but then I figured out how to live without it
County's poor planning and execution

Exactly.
If I want to complain about the county's poor planning, I better show I'm capable of better planning myself. So, before I go to Hilo I make a list. When I drive to Hilo I take the list. I order large quantity items from Amazon well ahead of time, so if they hold the items for a week or two before shipping I won't be reduced to rationing, olive oil, for instance.

With a small amount of planning on my part, I've come to a place where I barely notice the lack of planning at the County level. Of course if someone points it out to me, I'll still have something to say about it...

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves