Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa's Rubbah Slippah Educational Advantage
According to a decades-long study, going shoeless has a positive affect on learning in schools. If we assume rubbah slippahs qualify as shoeless, students in Pahoa and Keaau should have a distinct educational advantage over their peers on the mainland.

Children with no shoes on 'do better in classroom', major study finds

Following example set in Scandinavia, a decades-long study involving 25 schools around the world found that children were more engaged in a 'shoeless' environment

Experts found that by removing shoes, classrooms were quieter, providing a calmer atmosphere where pupils were more willing to engage in learning activities.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educat...44576.html

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Experts found that by removing shoes, classrooms were quieter, providing a calmer atmosphere where pupils were more willing to engage in learning activities.
---
Slippahs are not quiet...
Slippahs are not quiet...

There were numerous examples, how about these:

Professor Stephen Heppell, who led the research with the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice at Bournemouth University, said: “Children are much more willing to sit on the floor and relax if they have no shoes on.”

Experts believe having children remove their shoes for the classroom improves their learning because it makes them relax and “feel at home.”

-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This looks like a good place to mention it's national "go barefoot day".

Hmm maybe I should go around Hilo and see how many business will raise a stink if I go in without footwear.
Rubba slippas are still considered shoes. Going barefoot has a multitude of advantages.

you mean like hookworm and roundworm? Sorry barefoot outdoors in the tropics is just a plain bad idea... not unlike eating raw, unwashed vegetables from the garden - a serving of rat lungworm anyone???
quote:
Originally posted by geochem

you mean like hookworm and roundworm? Sorry barefoot outdoors in the tropics is just a plain bad idea... not unlike eating raw, unwashed vegetables from the garden - a serving of rat lungworm anyone???

Also ringworm?

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Not only that, there's land mines, both canine and human, along most any trail these days or on the fringe of the beach! Yuk!! Wear your slippahs everywhere but inside your own, or ohanas home. Water slippahs are great also at the beach to defend against garbage cuts and scrapes.

Community begins with Aloha
- Slippahs are not quiet...
- Rubba slippas are still considered shoes.
- hookworm and roundworm?... rat lungworm anyone???
- Also ringworm?
- land mines, both canine and human

Well, I don't know about you, but I've received quite an education sitting barefoot in front of my computer.

-Joseph Brodsky