Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Airlines Increases Service to Hawaii
Apologies, I'm late to this thread (and will never fly with United), but just to comment briefly on HOTPE's original post, the lie flat beds will only be available to first class passengers traveling from HNL to destinations farther than LAX.

I did a very quick search for a return flight from HNL to Chicago in October, i.e., out of peak season, and the cost was almost $2000. You'll need to add to that the cost of inter-island flights. No matter if they have custom-designed duvets and pillows, it won't be cheap. At least you'll be seen as a VIP and unlikely to be beaten up (I see United made the news again today for another physical assault on one of their passengers, this time from a couple of years ago - lovely airline).
My personal goto is alaska airlines.. their staff are always friendly.. and you don't leave the plane with bruises.
( unless you bump your knee on the narrow walkway).
I've flown Alaska in the mainland (between LAX, Portland and Seattle) and have to say I was impressed as much as you can be with a US airline. I've never flown them to or from Hawaii though, so don't know how they rank there.
Alaska airlines might be good, but they don't fly into Hilo. Fortunately I have not had a bad experience with United in the 5 years I've been flying with them, though I can appreciate that others have. A couple of weather delays, that's all, and the United app on my phone alerted me quickly. So far so good.
I love that United red eye out of Hilo. Close your eyes and wake up in Cali.
No one flies Delta ?

"Among legacy carriers, Delta Air Lines performed the best, coming in only slightly behind Alaska Airlines as the second best airline in the U.S. United and American Airlines ranked number eight and nine respectively, ahead of only one regional carrier and two ultra-low-cost carriers. Frontier came in as the worst airline, taking that distinction away from Spirit Airlines, which took dead last in last year's report."

2nd that red eye to California ....It was much better when Continental flew that route ...$99.00 upgrades to first class and chocolate sundaes as part of the upgrade
Use to fly Delta all the time while I lived in Alaska. They fly worldwide and I felt they were the best....but they were expensive compared to other carriers. Even have a lifetime Sky Club Lounge Card that now is collecting dust since they don't fly here.