Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Eclipse?
If they left the room at the speed of light, they would have to be massless, just like photons, or, virtual pairs (see above and google vacuum energy), in which case you can get all sorts of results and can explain them by using both classical and quantum physics in combination despite the contradictions between both explanations. So that's my answer! Wink
Lol! Is the light from a partial eclipse entering that blasted room?Just a reminder: don't look at partial or full eclipses or nuclear blasts without the proper eye protection.
I received this from FedEx today. At first I thought it was sent from someone other than FedEx, but it's legit.

So hide the children! Say your prayers! Just like in the Middle Ages, horrifying, disastrous events may unfold during the eclipse next Monday. Your Amazon box might be delayed:

FedEx Service Alerts
Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Friday, August 18, 2017

FedEx is closely monitoring potential effects of the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Our first priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, and we will implement contingency plans as necessary. Events of this nature often cause pickup and delivery delays and disruptions for FedEx customers. FedEx is prepared to provide service to the best of its ability.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Perhaps they're expecting their delivery drivers who happen to be under the eclipse path to stop and watch it. I know I would!
You would not believe all the talk about "calling in sick" so they can go to an eclipse party.

Community begins with Aloha
expecting their delivery drivers who happen to be under the eclipse path to stop and watch it. I know I would!

You might be on to something Tom. FedEx's main hub is Memphis, which while not in the path of totality, is pretty close. I'd like to think they'll shut down the loading & sorting operation for 15 minutes or so and allow their workers an outdoor break, with eclipse glasses, to take in a rare event.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves