Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii county fair
I've been here all this time and never knew about it.
Thinking about going, but what does it cost? What's there?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
8fings,

It's a cash trap. But, BUT, it is the closest tweens will get to a date--meaning that its a slice of life, albeit lame, and a bit of mainland lost (like drive in theaters).

A slice of life. When are you going to go on a ferris wheel on the east side or anywhere on the island?

Cheers, Kirt

edit type
$7.00 admission - We have always had a good time, but have not been in a couple years.

https://www.facebook.com/HawaiiCountyFairFoundation/photos/a.264155223947551.1073741828.258879211141819/492040147825723/?type=3&theater
Looks like it's $3 on Sunday, not old enough to get in free....
Thanks for the link Stizz.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
There is usually a major deluge of rain at some point during the fair's run. One year people were kayaking in the parking lot.
Been there a couple of years ago. Go when it's free (last days) or cheaper. I went when it was free. I know, cheap bastard. Anyway, I park AWAY from the line of cars.... We like to walk anyway. The first time I parked was in the free field... don't ask me why I tell you this...

So, anyway, Just stick with the ferris wheel, unless you got a really good back, again, don't ask...

Have fun! Big Grin
MY daughter took our grandaughter and her little friend. They got in free by taking 3 cans of food. But, the place got their money back when my daughter put in money and a card to buy more rides, and the machine devoured her card. My wife and I have taken her before too.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

I've been here all this time and never knew about it.
Thinking about going, but what does it cost? What's there?

Hmm what's there? Greasy artery clogging local plates, lot's of people and families, some cool exhibits, overpriced games with worthless plastic prizes, 3 minute rides on 50 year old machines that whip you around 50 feet in the air, and that's about it. Enjoy.