Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance to make "right" w/ your nasty poisons 12/1
This Saturday, December 1 from 7:30 to 2:30 at the Hilo dump, they are accepting all the yucky stuff. Used motor oil, paint thinners, poisons, compact flourescent lights, even meds, pesticides (yup a chance to get rid of your hideous Roundup), and all sorts of other nasty stuff that harms the environment and that we don't want seeping into the ocean via the landfill.

Thanks Wort, now I can't procrastinate any longer on changing the oil in my vehicles.
You're welcome. This chance comes only once in awhile and it's easy to miss it.

Any chance to help our aina, I'm all for it.
Thanks, Wort! Will take advantage of your post. Refreshing to read a post that is both informative and timely. Almost stopped reading punatalk for all the senseless in-fighting from "we know who".
Bump
Happening tomorrow.

I'm gathering things from my tool shed. Dug up so old paint and deck sealer that is no good along with some old flourescent lights and a few bottles of transmission fluid and brake fluid that washed down my driveway during Lane. They didn't open but not taking the chance of putting it in my vehicle given the chance traces of water contaminating.
They only take oil based paint.If it's water based latex they will tell you to take it back home and remove the lids and let it dry out.You can then throw it in the trash.