Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satalite
Aloha

Getting things ready for the move in a couple months and need to know who you would recommend for Satalite Installation and service.

Appreciate the recommendations!
Aloha
Cindy

We just had Dish Network installed on friday on the advise found on a previous thread. Tim Sullivan is the guy that installed our system, I believe that he is the owner/operator of the company. His number is 965-7237. The cost was $260 for equipment and install for two tv's, and the monthly cost is $30 for 60 channels. The only issue that we had was with Tim and his wife being loaded when they got here for the install. He is quite a character, and I would imagine could scare some people with his bizarre antics. He seems to be a good hearted guy, but showing up with a beer in you hand, and continuing to drink while your installing a customers equipment, is a bit unprofessional in my opinion. Other than that, we are happy with what we got. Hope this info helps.
Aloha,
Mark

a bit unprofessional?

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Yeah, you should see the un-profressional folks!

As things get more competitive, then folks will get more professional. Probably at the moment, there aren't very many other folks doing the same sort of work but once there gets to be more competition to choose from, then the folks who stay in business get a bit more furtive about their unprofessionalism. If he had more competition, he would still drink before and after installing the job, but he wouldn't let the homeowner see him do it.

Hmm, do you think he should have offered you a beer, too, if he was acting professional? Or would that just be politeness?

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Hi, Cindy.

We also have Dish Network.
Initially we wanted DireTV. However, because of the position of their satellites we were going to have to install two dishes (one really big) which was just too expensive.
Dish Network has been good. They have a number of different packages. Keep in mind that just because they list the channels as part of a package doesn't mean that you will be able to get it. Hawaii doesn't get them all.

We scheduled our install through the Oahu office and were very happy with the service guy who came out. Very professional. Definitely a different guy than Mark had.

Best of luck.

Robin

You can see the programming that Dish offers in Hawaii at
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/progr...ndex.shtml
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/progr...ndex.shtml

We tried for but couldn't get some of the channels in the 120 package (FSTV and LinkTV). The second dish apparently doesn't help with these. I think there's something like 13 channels of the 120 that aren't available. And no HD available.

My understanding of the Dish installation service on the Big Island is that there is one service group and Tim Sullivan's outfit is it. Robin, are there other installation outfits? Our experience with Tim was fine, he didn't appear to be inebriated or drinking when he did our install. He's apparently the most knowledgeable of his team, but I'm not even sure how many other installers he has anymore.

We paid him $500 to do the second dish, he checked reception, confirmed that it couldn't pull the two stations we wanted, and refunded us with no problems.

We have had a lot of service people to our place for deliveries, installations, repairs, etc., and we have yet to see any unprofessional behavior.

Les
I contacted both Dish Network and Directv last night with concerns on service in Hawaii. Our biggest concern would be whether or not our Hi-Def would still be available and how it would affect our present commitment. Dish who we have now said to bring recievers with us and when the (free reconnect took place our HD reciever would be changed out as Hawaii doesn't offer the same HD programming as Mainland. Also our HD commitment would start anew minimum 2yrs still 9.99 xtra programming fee.

Directv which seemed to have the better first time install incentive was free equipment and setup after 99.95 rebate and HD service is available here is their current first time install deals...

http://www.buydtv.com/directv/direct-tv-HAWAII-HI.php

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Tim is a character! He is a friend of friends and definately knows his stuff and travels with the beer. I was surprised to hear that Maryann was loaded - she is usually the stable influenece!
I'm sure he uses a sober designated driver to get from job to job so as not to endanger others.

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.