Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbnb is being hugely negligent in lower Puna
Airbnb is citing the rescinded order in our calendars, that vacation rentals are shut down until July 30 in Kalapana/Kehena area. We are again open for business according to the County of Hawaii. I can't get past customer service reps on the phone who simply make notations on our account but don't have the means to flag management to this problem. Ask for a supervisor and you are on hold forever. My friends with vacation rentals are experiencing the same dilemma.

Any suggested actions? July 5th I'll contact the Hawaii tourist board. Geez.

Any suggested actions?

Last I checked, Hawaii is still part of America, so ... lawsuits.
Nope it's in the terms of agreement, no litigation, unfortunately. Airbnb still can't get it together to open our calendars. They claim they are trying to figure out what areas are open for business again, acting as if this is an insurmountable challenge. I'd like to see all of airbnb employees and owners to be out of pay for 2 months and then another week because it was inconvenient to get those paychecks rolling again....
advertise on VRBO ?
Yes I just opened an account on VRBO which means I'm at the bottom of the ad list with no reviews. I'm near the top with airbnb, has been my sole advertiser.

Now airbnb is claiming they are waiting for the county to get back to them with the exact areas now available. Many of us have contacted mayors office, county council, and CD. Who could possibly be dragging their feet on this very simple communication? IF it's negligence from the county where do I sign up for welfare?
quote:
Many of us have contacted mayors office, county council, and CD. Who could possibly be dragging their feet on this very simple communication? IF it's negligence from the county where do I sign up for welfare?

You can try your luck at the Disaster Relief Center in Kea'au.

Supposedly one reason the County opened up 130 to tourists was to support local businesses. I guess they just meant some businesses.
Call the Hawaii Visitors Bureau. They have money to advertise that the Big Island is open for tourism.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018...ig-island/

Happy to report airbnb finally opened our calendars yesterday afternoon. Hooray!

Great!