Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Island Neighbor, Roseanne Barr
This isn't intended specifically for anybody here:

She might not be funny, but she is still considered a comedian.

When comedians can no longer express their first amendment rights without getting copious death threats, the Republic's hourglass is maybe running out of sand. Comedians of all colors have been making racist jokes for thousands of years. Not everybody laughs- then or now. It's not the job or responsibility of a comedian to make 100% of the people laugh 100% of the time. If it was, they would ALL be out of work.

Turn the social media off and pick up a book. Just make sure it wasn't written by Mark Twain or you'll probably get triggered. I've recently learned that J.R.R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings) is a racist now too.

I'm going to listen to some George Carlin now to cleanse my mental palate.
I have loved Tolkien's books forever. Now that half my family is Asian it is a little weird to read sections of his stories where "swarthy" and "slant-eyed" are used to describe unsavory characters.

As for Roseanne, why should I cut her any slack that I don't for other Trump followers?
It seems like she has lost a lot with this kind of talk. Maybe there is a magic turd involved like the love for feral cats thing. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Roseanne was a heroine of mine. I loved her work and was jazzed to live on the same island as her. It sucks to forget, and to be reminded so harshly, that the character is not the woman.

Mike in HPP
Otherwise it makes no sense...

It's all an act. She's a closet Democrat.