Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police activity Hwy nr Volcano
Driving from Volcano to Hilo this morning, passed a dark colored car in the bushes on the right side of the road, surrounded by 3 police units. About 100 yards further on, a light colored vehicle facing a closed gate, with 2 police units.
As I continued toward Hilo, 2 police units together, followed by a third, coming up the hill. All units running with blue lights on.
Any idea what was happening?

Eight cars, probably more than a donut run.
quote:
Originally posted by mikewj

Any idea what was happening?

Somebody was attempting to look at non-flowing lava. Helicopters have been called in to assist with the search.
Stolen vehicle. Female thief ditched the vehicle just after Hiranos and fled into the bushes. Coconut Wireless reports they know who she is so even if they didn't catch her yesterday, she'll go down for it.

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
This seems to fit the description:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/6746352/?sub_id=344108
More guns, great.
More guns, great.
-----
They were not "more guns". They were already here and illegally possessed, hence the weapons charges.
Unless they were manufactured here, I assume someone brought them to the island. I wonder who.
Actually, less guns. They were confiscated, right? Now if they somehow make it back to the street, that's another story.