Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE on Pahoa's walk-in clinic
Aloha!
The Puna Community Medical Center (PCMC)recently experienced two very important events; we received our LETTER from the IRS saying we are, indeed, a legitimate non-profit corporation. [Coincidentally, we were the focus of a supportive news story in the Tribune-Herald (Monday 3/24)].

Then on Friday 3/28, we met at "The Site" (of our future clinic) for a visit from the Human Services Committee of the County Council (Emily Naeole, Chair). It was a great meeting, and I feel certain that we will receive SOME of what we requested from the Council. (They have about $1,000,000) to spread all around the island; some 20 non-profit projects in all, as I understand). If we get even $150,000, we can leverage that into the approximately $250,000 to get the doors open, and cover operational expenses for 2-3 months.

Grants might get us a good chunk of money, but we will be left with about $90,000 to acquire through donations; corporate and individual.

Soooo, we will be having a "Women's Comedy Night" on April 25th at the Akebono; a yard sale" (CONTRIBUTIONS WELCOMED) in the empty office space behind "Subway" and the "Fish Store" (thank you Steve Chase) on April 26th. For Info, call me at home at 965-1801. We will aim you in the right direction.

Remember, There is no one you know in Puna Makai who will not benefit in knowing this clinic is there at The Pahoa Marketplace.

Dan Domizio

That is great news!

I will keep my eyes open for any grants and/or funding opportunities for this project.
Congratulations Dan,

The good news will continue for the clinic. It is too good an idea and too needed to not happen.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator