Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study finds Hurricane tracks shifting N to Hawai`i
Over a decade ago, when I was studying under Dr. Fred MacKenzie, we were looking at the effects of potential changes to the Walker Circulation Cell...
At that time, changes to hurricane tracks seemed decades away....
New study confirms what we have been seeing the last couple of years, hurricane tracks are changing & will change towards our island more in the decades to come, & the impact this will have on our islands:
http://bigislandnow.com/2018/11/07/study-shifting-hurricane-tracks-increase-hawaiis-flood-risks/?t=1541623647&fbclid=IwAR2_KcWBeg7Tk6ndgkjGqNXr5ZWRNQGSSbu24J3N8U-MOvQGcSTQJG0Y09Y

link to the study:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...adaptation
Thanks Carey. A sobering reality check.
It won't just be the monk seals and turtles adversely affected by future hurricanes, now trending northward.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Dang it Carey, your sane and level tone is messing the bickering .. Give us one more day. LOL ! : ) : 0 : )

If you are going to be here a while ( next 25+ years) you might want to think about hurricane proofing your house.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
We have, but dang, it is so much harder to purchase many of the "nice ways to do it" stuff that you can buy off the shelf at most big boxes in Florida... things like hurricane window shutters... yes they actually sell them there, like you might wanna but them!
many of the "nice ways to do it" stuff that you can buy

I wish I had built my house out of concrete.
No doubt...my premiums for hurricane insurance will be going up.
No worries, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa will totally block any hurricanes that come anywhere near us. That’s why they’re called sheild volcanoes. [Big Grin]
Magic Mountains for 100!