Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Man Attains Immortality
At his sentencing on Tuesday 12/11, a Pahoa man, was found guilty of stabbing his mother and then announced he had attained immortality:

“When I attained immortality, that became a circumstance that the U.S. federal government became very concerned with,” Rutledge asserted. “They attempted to direct harass me … and governments from around the world became involved.”

“There are no possibility of being confused or delusions. I’m not mentally ill. There are no mental illness. I passed the mental, psychological evaluations, and I have passed those before.

“I, Sean Alan Rutledge, am immortal and that are a circumstance that are not deniable.”

Too bad for him. There are plenty better places he could take advantage of those cool new immortal attributes other than locked in a small cell with a roommate not of his choosing. How about endless days in beautiful, sunny Kalapana for instance? Or even an HPPOA meeting? Finally, someone in the membership who could outlast the board.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
More info at:

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...entencing/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Too bad for him, he won't be able to take full advantage of all his cool immortal attributes in prison.

Actually, prison might serve to sharpen, heighten, expand his (sense of) immortality...

Jack London's The Star Rover, otherwise known as The Jacket, and originally published in 1914 as sci-fi, is actually the story of Ed Morrell..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Morrell

The Star Rover is a story told in the first person by Darrell Standing, a university professor serving life imprisonment in San Quentin State Prison for murder. Prison officials try to break his spirit by means of a torture device called "the jacket," a canvas jacket which can be tightly laced so as to compress the whole body, inducing angina. Standing discovers how to withstand the torture by entering a kind of trance state, in which he walks among the stars and experiences portions of past lives...

It is a fascinating read (I think it is London's best) especially when one understands this really happened to Ed, who, after being pardoned by California's governor went on to spearhead the formation of prison reform in America.

The Star Rover can be read online here...

http://www.online-literature.com/london/the-jacket/1/
The idiot isn't worth the attention. Stabbing his mother! What a piece of $h*t. Another candidate for the "if I were king guillotine punishment". That would quickly dissolve the immortality issue.
Then stop wasting our tax dollars on food, water, and medical care. The only thing an immortal prisoner needs is a thick concrete prison and guards to mark the passage of time as he spends immortality reflecting on his crimes.