Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELCO seeks rate increase
"bold by me...so whats the difference?"

Helco desires a future where power generation is contracted out, line maintenance is contracted out, tree/vegetation trimming is contracted out (all of this has been done or is in process).

This makes Helco nothing more than a billing company, that serves no real purpose other than skimming money off us. This is not a "feature" that delivers any value to the end consumer. They just want to milk their cash cows and have none of the liability or do any of the work.
They just want to milk their cash cows and have none of the liability or do any of the work.

Interesting. That's the same model of the Trump organization. I wonder if they are republicans?
Last I checked the Dems have been running Hawaii for years.The PUC governs Helco and the commissioners were all appointed by Ige.
Yeah don't let it ruffle your feathers Obie.. Though I was/am referring to HELCO's board... not the PUC
The PUC has the final say.
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

...This is not a "feature" that delivers any value to the end consumer. They just want to milk their cash cows and have none of the liability or do any of the work.

Umm, but they deliver electricity through a power line directly to your house? Isn’t that why people pay for their [read: HELCO’s] service?

Maybe I am confused about something from the post I quoted Steve. Don’t get me wrong, i’m no fan of HELCO...all anyone has to do is look at Kauai’s approach to electricity to realize how much of a scam HELCO is, but I think saying they don’t deliver anything of value to the end consumer seems a little much...
You missed the part where I said "Helco desires a future..."