Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opt out of Hawaii telcom useless fee
Found this on my internet bill this month:

Wireless Gateway Service Fee $5.99
McAfee Internet Security $2.99

To be honest I recently switched rate plans from gigabit to 300 and didn't know if they were there before, but I inquired today.

The Wireless Gateway Service Fee of $5.99 is to "support their wireless network". There is no way to opt out of it, even if you don't have any wireless services through them. Sounds illegal, but what else am I going to do?

The McAfee Internet Security $2.99 (plus tax) is a "service" they "have always provided for free" but are now "charging for the first time this month".

It's a rubbish fee to use software I would refuse to install anyway. When they sneak it into your bill ask them to remove it like I did, and save about $37/year.

ETA: I never agreed to, or opted into this McAfee Internet Security fee. I took issue with the agent about this, and she was empathetic but all she was allowed to do was remove the fee.

Here is a message from John McAfee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg
ROTFGL!
+ T E N bawahaha

Salamat MR. Riversnout.
Oh and MR. TC for buying me another AB per month.
Our taxes on internet and cell services are ZERO,
Cell service is $9.00 a month and NO tax.
Internet no taxes ever - never has been never will be,
By bundling the 2 services - being native American ( Hawaiian ) and over the age of 90 we pay no tax .
These are federal rules and regs.

Of course for most under the age of 90 - and NOT familiar with rules and regs on the federal levels - they pay through the nose.
The company we go through is called Red Pocket .
Recently the state of Calif - wanted to tax any one who used text-ing - As you can imagine - this idea was quickly dropped.
We pay no taxes on cell and internet at 9.00 a month.
Of course taxes are optional should after the age of 90 - you wish to pay them.

With plans starting at $10/month, Red Pocket Mobile is your prepaid wireless leader.

$10.00
+ Taxes & Regulatory Fees
A warning if you travel: Red Pocket does not have roaming.

I don't mean that it will cost you more, it's just not an option- your phone won't work.