Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legislature to provide disaster relief funding
https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2019/03/...er-relief/

HB 1180 HD1 provides a total of $60 million in relief funding: $20 million in state grants and $40 million in state loans with expected payback from the federal government. The state has already provided $22 million in emergency funds for Big Island disaster relief, bringing the entire package to $82 million.

Note there's still "a few million" left from the first $22M; that "temporary" highway is claimed to be $1.2-1.4M. The "gotta wait 6 months" is up next week.

I can hardly wait to see what Kim's next excuse will be.
According to https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2019/03/...out-roads/

"The federal funding for the temporary road also hinges on an “alternative study” that also will look at the feasibility of restoration, said Public Works Director David Yamamoto. He estimated that could be done in the summer."

He also said:

“Frankly, we would like to wait for the alternative study to initiate any work on temporary or permanent roads,” he said Wednesday. “People will get really disappointed if we open up a road and have to close it again.”

The alternative study is a risk analysis in which:
"A risk is defined as the probability that exposure to a hazard will lead to a negative consequence. Drivers of risk vulnerability include: household composition, housing and transportation, access to information, socioeconomic status, and access to lifelines."

The result of the study will obviously show that building in lower puna is a bad idea, mathematically speaking. Their argument for not building 132 will be "you can't argue with math".
"you can't argue with math".
Figures don’t lie, but liers figure
"you can't argue with math".

I would like to see the math on Kalapana Gardens, where County spent almost nothing, residents used (and are still using) "temporary" roads, and yet they're all still able to live there and pay property taxes.
"you can't argue with math"

But, wait a minute! I have it, on good authority mind you, that the dozers are going to be rolling come April. By God! Obie said so. And Obie aught to know. I mean come on they're gonna roll come April One, right?

Ah, no matter, what with one study and another I suspect it's gonna be a long time before folks will be able to get home that way. Talk about dysfunctional government, and an Obie that knows nothing. Lucky PGV is gonna let them come through, eh?
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

...Lucky PGV is gonna let them come through, eh?

The agreement that PGV created allows neighbors to use their expedited, non-studied road only between the hours of 8:00AM - 10:00AM. That is not a typo. 2 hours a day. Good thing medical emergencies only occur during those hours.
"But, wait a minute! I have it, on good authority mind you, that the dozers are going to be rolling come April. By God! Obie said so. And Obie aught to know. I mean come on they're gonna roll come April One, right?"

No need !!

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/0...FSfuukEF7Y