Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face masks required at essential businesses
I am making cloth masks for those that need & willing to contact me & pick up in Keaau,
If you know my contact use it, if not, Rob Tucker can relay the contact info
My goal is to either use up the stockpile of cotton fabric I have (no, do not want more, if you have, make some masks!)
or to kill my sewing machine, as I have always hated sewing & am jealous of all of those that "used to sew but have no machine" right now!
If you have any fairly basic skills, make some masks, I am using the "Fast Mask" method which is quick & easy
no ear loops, ties (I hate making ties!)
I hate sewing, but hate what this virus is doing more
& wanna get back to swimming
Never did get one of the free masks. I payed for an acid-gas mask after a few bad air days. Checked HMC's request and they said they did not want used or non-medical masks.

Carey, that's only half true. The valved mask is *more* useful to you, because it actually protects your health more and makes it easier to breathe. It is less useful to others breathing your exhalations, but you can fix that by placing cloth over the valve.
I was at Orchidland True Value yesterday and the cashier was wearing a face mask but it was only covering her neck and chin. Does that count as "compliance"? She was wearing a face mask...
Saw thing same thing with a cashier in Foodland in Keaau. I guess they're following the rules though.
We call them chin protectors. Like the elbow protectors (helmets) that some motorcyclists use.
Just got back from Longs in Pahoa everybody was wearing a mask or covering of some kind. Employees and customers. There was an employee guarding the front door, perhaps to turn people away who didn't have one on.

Spam $1.99. Pasta 4 / $5. Spag Sauce and frozen garlic toast on sale. Apparently it's spam spaghetti week. Pasta display was getting thin but they were actively stocking stuff.