Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart Hilo order for pickup
I never liked going into the Hilo Walmart before the pandemic and have managed to avoid it a long time, but we have finally run out of our stockpile of items from there.  (Frau Chunkster gets a lot of lady things there, and Siegfried the Chunkhund doesn't really like the fancy name brand treats from Target and prefers cheap Ol' Roy dog bacon.  Go figure.)

Has anyone used their order on line and pick up service here?  It sounds good, but I'd like to hear others' experience, particularly in reference to items shown as in stock actually being so and their track record on having orders ready when promised.  Thanks for any help!
I'd be interested in knowing as well, though I think its only good for groceries and I usually need livestock feed.

FWIW, I went there today at 0830 and it was one of the most pleasant walmart experiences I've ever had. I got a parking spot near the front door! There weren't many people there, and there was no line to get in. They have a limit as to how many zombies they let in at a time and they hadn't reached it yet. All the aisles are marked with arrows showing which direction you're allowed to go (they are all "one way" now). So there weren't a bunch of Walmart zombies blocking the aisles. Everything was stocked and I walked straight up to the cashier.... no checkout line!
I don't much like going there either. Here's what works for me.... get there in the morning when they open. Not busy at all and the shelves are stocked. You just have to become a early morning person.
Early morning is no problem for me, but I had to go to Kaiser today for a screening appointment that had been postponed due the pandemic, so I took the plunge and hit Walmart afterwards at 1:30. Not the best hour by all accounts, but it turned out to be the most pleasant shopping experience I have had there in years. There was no wait to get in, it was not crowded, and most areas were well stocked. The only thing on our list that they didn't have was Siegfried the Chunkhund's cheap doggie bacon. (Their website had listed the dog treats as in stock two hours earlier, and it still shows in stock right now.) They did have the name brand in stock and for a couple dollars less than Target, so I still came out ahead. Siegfried will have to make do with his second choice a while longer, and I will go back to Walmart sooner next time, but not the first week of the month.
No line this afternoon @ 12:30.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Parking at the Hilo Wal-Mart can be frustrating for some people (language warning)...

https://youtu.be/9t6lqfK0Gp8

She must have had zip ties on her door handle!

There’s a new job opening for a Kindergarten teacher. Children, the letter of the day is “F”.

https://youtu.be/aBDEaVB9JJM
I went there looking for an inflatable bed I saw online. I couldn't find it in the store. I guess I could have asked but instead I ordered it online after I got home. I got an email about 20 minutes later saying it was ready for pickup and they would hold it for 7 days.

I went the next day, shopped for some other items, then stopped and picked up my bed after checkout. The pickup counter is on the other side of the self serve checkout, right near the store exit. It was easy. They did ask for ID.

While I was shopping for the other items, I noticed they had inflatable beds in the camping section. I had been looking in the houseware/bedding section before. I had forgotten one of the golden rules I've learned about Walmart. Almost every item they sell can be found in at least 2 different places, possibly 3!
Target and others show the store location of items. Click on the picture of the item and the next page that comes up shows shipping and pickup options along with the store location.