Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrum Cable
After waiting almost 30 years for first Time Warner and then Spectrum to hook up our place...we decided, now that they're finally here, not to hook up. We have Aloha broadband for $67.00 a month. That's all we need. That and a $35.00 Roku stick in the back of our smart TV and we have fast internet and more movies, TV shows and news programs than we could possibly watch in a lifetime.
(05-13-2021, 04:57 PM)macuu222 Wrote: After waiting almost 30 years for first Time Warner and then Spectrum to hook up our place...we decided, now that they're finally here, not to hook up. We have Aloha broadband for $67.00 a month. That's all we need. That and a $35.00 Roku stick in the back of our smart TV and we have fast internet and more movies, TV shows and news programs than we could possibly watch in a lifetime.

You are spending more for a lower quality of service. I cannot believe Aloha Broadband is even still in business. If you combine basic Spectrum with an Amazon Prime account, you will vastly out due your current choices.
(05-13-2021, 02:55 AM)Iju Wrote: After 14 years living in HPP, today I finally have internet cable service from Spectrum. 

Don't know when they started providing cable on our street, but noticed a spectrum wifi option on my computer a week ago.  I thought it must come from a new neighbor across from us who've just moved in.  So I decided to call Spectrum to find out and yes they have cable service on our street.

So now, I have Spectrum service for cable TV, internet and telephone all for $136.00.  Used to pay about $250 for all that. Smile

Edit: I am on 8th and Maku'u.

We’re paying $153. Is $136 your total bill including taxes and “fees”?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
$136 is the total net charge including taxes and other fees, according to the customer rep. Haven't yet seen the bill when I signed up on line account last night.

I should have mentioned that the telephone is a land line, transferred from Hawaiian Tel. Still keep my mobile phone with T-Mobile.