Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone try Vans Vietnamese yet ??
Shoots, looks good.

http://www.vanvietnamesecuisine.com
When we go Hilo we brown bag our own .  Thus save kala . Must be a new non bland Asian establishment .
Maybe we will try it after a few months after reviews come in .
Finally got there. 7.00usd  ... Please folks, skip generic Subway and order Banh mi ...you won't be disappointed.
The Banh Mi was as good as advertised. At 7 bucks, its my new Viet Sandwich go-to-place if the Kings Truck is keeping their price at $9. Kings banh mi is also juicier making the bread soggy which is a negative for me. A word of warning: if you don't like "heat", you might get Van's to hold the sliced peppers in your sandwich. Had to go get an Arizona Tea to put out the fire but that was a good sandwich.
Aloha TP and all ..

Understood soggy. Among other tings > Awesome Bahn Mi is reliant on a proper bread / roll.
I can't speak about Kings other than seeing generic fotos in place : ( ugh. ....And, like the yellow lady,,, same same. They presenting Bahn Mi on a KTA kine sub roll.

Vans more real.
How is the Pho' ?
Keep it local  Heart
(01-31-2022, 03:45 AM)Puna Grace Wrote: How is the Pho' ?
I went there a few weeks ago, and ordered a bowl of noodle, assuming it's a Pho'.  Turned out it was a Chinese style yellow noodle soup. 

They have two kinds of noodle soup on the menu, none of them is Pho'

The place looks nice and clean but will not go there if i am hungry for Pho'.
Mahalo Iju.  Real Pho' takes quite a bit of time and effort.
Keep it local  Heart
Iju, kinda beat me to it. Walking in, already know, i'm not going for anything else but Bahn Mi.

I wish them lucky tiger year.
As reported by Iju, there are two kinds of noodle soup with regular chinese noodles. I asked the guy if they serve Pho (rice vermicelli) and he flipped over a sheet that offers it. $10 - $12 for a bowl of soup is a bit pricey for me so I'll skip the soup items and stick with the sandwich takeout. This time I tried the "Vietnamese Style" banh mi (has pate) and I wasn't impressed. The regular pork banh mi works for me.