Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A ? to HPP residents
I agree with Rob, if he is not willing to give you the names and phone numbers of his "references" than those are not references!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

With Rob and John -- references without contact information are worse than no references. Find another contractor. Now.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Hi Everyone... I'll be arriving in late July. Building on 6th south of Paradise. How much do the wells cost? I was thinking about one of those Cement Catchment tanks, but just found out my new neighbor one lot over and behind on 5th has a well. This is something I'd like to consider. Any good websites, or local recommendations for the either the well or cement catchment tanks?
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

A few, not a large number, of homes have catchments that are underground, or in pukas (Glen, in HPP has this), etc. so are not as noticable...
When we rented makai of Beaach in HPP there were four houses on our little street that had underground poured concrete catchments (cooler water) that made up the floor of the lanai (also cooler lanai!)- one was brand new, the others were built in the '80's.

There were a couple of houses 'round the corner that had catchment tanks above ground, but under the raised decks, and I seem to remember 3 had wells (they were being built when we were there...)

Carey!Thank God you answered!
I was waiting for your answer like a man in the desert at the end of the earth was waiting for a rain!
(With no catchment or well..)
Anyway,a catchment under the house-is something I'd definitely consider.I'd talk to my builder about it.Though somehow I have a feeling that it is going to be as expensive as the well.But at least guaranteed!
quote:
Originally posted by james weatherford

With Rob and John -- references without contact information are worse than no references. Find another contractor. Now.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

To get reference you need to get to talk first.
It was rather a good e-mail traffic ,very helpful and friendly before I applied for permits.Now I can not get them to answer.
In my last e-mail I said that I understand that they are busy and willing to wait if I get just a note when to expect the answer.
I always give people the benefit of a doubt.
Though I have the e-mail where it says that unlike the other companies they guarantee water.That's why I started the whole thing.
But I am giving it the benefit of a doubt,because there is so many people here from HPP that it is possible to make a mistake.
That what I mentioned in my last e-mail.All I ask to give me some idea what to expect.90% of success?75 ?less than 25?
I also mentioned that I am willing to pay for the diagnostic equipment if there is any more or less accurate..
To be fair,my builder got to talk to them a little bit.But recently all I got 6 days ago is a letter from a person who does paperwork.
I talked only to one customer I found myself. That person was very happy with the service.
Anyway,thank you all for your responses.And thank you,Rob,for this forum.
To end it on a more cheerful note,I'll tell you my recent joke
this days .I told my builder that I want to buy a house!
quote:
Originally posted by tmyc

Hi Everyone... I'll be arriving in late July. Building on 6th south of Paradise. How much do the wells cost? I was thinking about one of those Cement Catchment tanks, but just found out my new neighbor one lot over and behind on 5th has a well. This is something I'd like to consider. Any good websites, or local recommendations for the either the well or cement catchment tanks?

Your best bet about the well is to connect to you neighbor if they have well.It is possible.I might not have a well,but the drilling and pump,etc. costs $12K for 125 ft elevation.You might be lucky to have only 20 ft.Use the search button on this forum,and you get a lot of information.Good luck.