Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manago Hotel closing but restaurant staying open
Nobody asked me, but I think the last sign is the most "authentic", it really captures the look and feel of a scrap of OSB, like it belongs on 6 Road.

The others are too slick, like something you would see in Kona.
Nobody asked me either, but I, too, like the last sign example best (but nice job on all of them!) :-)

Also, I would be much more likely to come to the Punaweb Bar and Grill than the country bar that Marzo is building in Puna Kai. Definitely not my thing. Hard to believe that "model" is anyone's thing anymore. "Rhinestone Cowboy" is playing in my head. Ugh!
(06-03-2024, 07:52 PM)punikahakaiferret Wrote: Nobody asked me either, but I, too, like the last sign example best (but nice job on all of them!) :-)

I can't take credit other than feeding an input into the AI.

Here's some more it generated:

input into the AI

We are going to need coasters and matchbook covers.  No one seems to give out bibs anymore.
Somehow, I can't help but think we need to add, in the lower right corner of each sign, the following wording:

"Rob Tucker, Proprietor"
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Here's a snip from today's HTH that sort of explains why the deal fell through.  The money will be made available to other qualified organizations which might apply.

It was unfortunate to learn that plans by Mental Health Kokua to build much-needed workforce housing at Manago Hotel will no longer be possible,” said Roth spokesman Cyrus Johnasen in a statement Tuesday. “Although the plan was selected as one of seven projects across the island to share in our $17 million Affordable Housing Production Program, the county has no say in negotiations between the buyer and seller of the proposed property.

“We believe that both parties believed in the opportunity for our community and, in the end, were unable to find a way forward.”

Hawaii County Housing Administrator Susan Kunz said via email Wednesday that because Mental Health Kokua failed to complete a finalized purchase agreement, the $5.5 million grant will not be awarded to the nonprofit. Therefore, she added, the funds remain available for other applicants in the AHP program, and a request for proposals is still open until July 1."

Of course no reason was given as to why the parties were "unable to find a way forward," but my guess is that the current owners had better offers from private entities.