Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawai'i Community College Classes in Pahoa
This was sent to me by Emily Naeole's office.....

Hawai'i Community College Classes in Pahoa!

Aloha constituents:

Exciting news! Spread the word. Hopes for a satellite community college in Puna are becoming a reality. With the collaborative efforts of Hawai’i County Councilwoman Emily Naeole, Hawai’i Community College Chancellor Rockne Freitas, and Hawai’i Community College Project Coordinator Trina Nahm-Mijo, students will be able to take English 22 and Hawaiian Studies 126 in Pahoa beginning in August. The classes will be held at night at Pahoa High School. For more information on the classes or to receive help applying to the community college, call 974-7661.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Anyone have a link to HCC registration info? I'm having a heck of a time finding it (too many google hits & wonky navigation from the UH site). I want to sign up for Online Hawaiian101 in the fall!
Mahalo nui loa
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Hooligal -

Click here

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
I see no Hawaiian Studies 126 Course offering in the catalog.

English 22 will not count towards a Degree in anything. (you cannot use credits that are under 100 level for college diploma)

If I remember correctly, English 22 is for people that English is their Second Language.

It's at least a start to bring something out to Puna.

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
quote:
Originally posted by hooligal

Anyone have a link to HCC registration info? I'm having a heck of a time finding it (too many google hits & wonky navigation from the UH site). I want to sign up for Online Hawaiian101 in the fall!
Mahalo nui loa

You and H both can take it. He needs a class for the fall and maybe at night he will make it to school on time! hahaha
Thank you, Rob![Big Grin]
Bumping forward. Does anybody know if this class is still a go? Any other information about instructor or expectations? I need some classes on basic Hawaiin Culture for a new job.