Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano Winery Blush
I just open a bottle of their Blush (after chilling) that I have had for a couple of years. To my uneducated palate, it's pretty good stuff. Sweet but not too sweet. A combination of grape and jabaticaba. I realize they use mostly imported juice, but still I thought it was pretty good stuff. I couldn't tell you what it had hints of or any of that fancy wine palate Verbiage. I may have to see if they will ship me some more.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

What color? Dark? or could you see through it?

Many years ago I worked and lived for a few months at a going-bankrupt vineyard and winery (long story for another bottle of wine). Read everything on the place about growing grapes and making wine; and tasted everything on the place more than once or twice Wink

Got to appreciate wine and learnt a bit.
Some time after that, eight years in Australia and a good glass of wine is not the same as anything else I can think of.

Me become a bit of snob about 'fruit wine' (e.g., Peach, Elderberry, etc).

Had some unchilled, dark jaboticaba wine (pressed in the skins) a few years back at a fine Sunday afternoon gathering down in WaaWaa. Fruity with good body and very subtle palate. Other folks there were likewise very impressed... to the last drop.

Planted myself a jaboticaba tree that week.
Think our garden is too rocky and hot here. It grows, but slowly.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
I thought a wine from volcano winery should taste sulfur )):
I am not a fun of their wines but their Honey/MacNut "wine" is a perfect compliment to Baklava!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html