Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Horse Farm
Has anyone taken the tour of the "Sea Horse Farm" at the Natural Energy Lab next to the Kona Airport? I want to know if the tour which says you get to interact with seahorses..... was worth the $35.00 per person entrance fee.

http://www.seahorse.com/Ocean_Rider_Tours/
I've seen these folks at local trade shows. They breed cute little critters for sure, but I'm not sure if I could support them. The animals they raise are an "introduced" and hardy species that if released locally could endanger the more fragile Hawaiian Lio Kai.

They only ship, and won't sell locally (I believe), but still.........

$35.00= mask, snorkle, and excercise.
Gee with a little GMO mabe they could expand em to horse/pony size and have rides, races, even rodeo. For PITA, we could use styrofoam saddles, taking out the stress for the animal/fish.

Now that could make a buck for NELHA, mabe even repair the pipes and clean the electric units' heat exchangers! In other words, finish what we started. We seem to own the tech as we're selling liscenses for it and wasting the results on seahorses. (a racetrack and rodeo grounds would pay off!) But electricity is what it was made for, and should be it's primary goal.
Gordon J Tilley
I have been on the tour and I would not recommend it. They put on a show, like they are only in the business to conserve seahorses. However, this is not true. They are making profits off people, while making them believe that it is going to conservation of the species. They are doing nothing to protect the seahorse habitat. If conserving a species is breeding them, then I guess they have it right.

Chris
Chris