Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hooking up computer to sound system
Has anyone hooked their computer to there home theater system? I have two home digital surround systems. would like to hook up my computer to play music on my home system.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Update: Just realized you are talking of music only. Probably the easiest way is the headphone port of the computer to your home theather. Check radio Shack for a cable. Depends on your surround system ports.
------------------------------------------
It depends on the ports/connectors of your computer and your home theater system. I have hooked up my laptop to my HD TV and surround system to watch movies. I can actually watch Netflix instant movies, internet streaming (netflix.com)

Do you have a cable box or dish TV that connects to your surround sound system? If so there are certain settings in which you need to put your box, depending on how you hook up the computer. Eg, AV

Look for like ports. Often you can hook your head phone port of your computer to the sound system of your home theater. If your comptuer has an HDMI port you should be able to connect this video port to your HD TV. Or if not, an S cable. Or if not RCA connectors.

In order to answer the question one needs to know more about your equipment. But my guess is YES there is a way...

Susan
Susan