Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interisland flights Cheap?
When I recently bought a November roundtrip from Hilo to DFW on the new Continental flight, it was $610 all taxes included. Not only did I avoid the HNL connection (and cost) on HA, but it was $150 cheaper than routing through HNL on a HA code share with another airline. Just for grins, I checked some flights from Hilo to a number of cities on Continental, and the best deals were on flights with onward connections beyond LAX or SFO.
June 21-26 I found the Continental ITO-LAX flight for $515 inc all taxes/fees/SC with TW Hawaii. (they do bulk tix for United so this flight is in their radar now).

Not a great price but not bad either. Their SC is $40per reservation (not passenger) so it makes the tix $495.
We have been booking the Continental flights through Orbitz into Hilo for family coming in Feb. from the midwest for slightly over $500 taxes included. We have not seen flights priced that low in a very long time.
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiideborah

I have the Hawaiian Visa and I am signed up for their frequent flyer miles. That said, I did not receive any offer for a coupon book. How did he receive this offer? In the mail? so, it is not being offered to all the frequent flyers.

I got this offer too; it said it was only sent to "selected" people. The problem is that each one is only good for a trip between one island and one other, so if you want to fly between Hilo and Kauai that requires two of the coupons and ends up costing more than buying a regular ticket. OTOH, if you fly to Oahu a lot it would save money. I think the purchase time expired June 1 though.
Wow...They are really going all out for this new Continental/United non stop flight to Hilo on Thursday. Lets hope they make the airfares affordable....or this will be the quickest new route failure the new merger-ed airline will see.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/sect...begin.html
I remember when we could buy a coupon book of 10 inter island flights for $250 in the 80's. Twenty five dollars to fly any time.
quote:
Originally posted by punafish

Personally, I'd like to see a route to the Midwest--like Chicago--but only for selfish reasons. :-)

I think Kansas City would be a better choice. MCI has available space - cheap - and it's centrally located.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Dont expect cheap airfares right now from USAirways to/from Hawaii - word is they are running about 80% capacity...