Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Councilwoman in the news - again
James you are subscribing to SB's theory of "if they are picking on me they are leaving some one who cant handle it alone"! ha ha

I appreciate both your inputs - I only knew Kale from my friend Roberta on a social level - I wasnt aware of the work he had done with the Kanaka Council so this debate has had positive outcomes!
quote:
Originally posted by Kale4Puna

Kanaka Council meeting tonight at Queen Liliuokalani Children's Center at 6 pm in Hilo on Ululani St...

At 6pm last evening I was applying iron to our citrus trees. The recent rains have brought on the chlorosis big time.
Really, my life is here working on the land -- our 2 established acres in HPP and 55.6 acres near Pahoa we are just getting started on. If that limits my opportunities, I guess I'll write it up to lifestyle choice -- less time in the car on the road and in meetings, more time doing what I know is right for me to do.
...meetings -- the ones before and the ones after The Meeting -- and debates and all of it. Been there done that. Had the fun. May again some day once the oil palms are producing and the cheese is on the market. Meanwhile, I'll drive less, think more, sleep better, stay healthier, and feel free to speak my mind as a free citizen.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Not in the news again... just yet.

But after finding this, she has some explaining to do.

-------
blog
Rather astounding to have this appear in the paper with another ethics investigation for our councilwoman.

Councilwoman denies she harassed Kona woman

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal01.txt
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Today's Trib has a letter to the Editor on the subject (actually there are two)...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ters04.txt
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by JerryCarr
Her assistant, Tiffany Hunt-Edwards, is a major asset and a person who always responds to constituents questions and concerns.

Always to some perhaps. I have sent e-mails to Naeole and/or Hunt-Edwards, some asking for a response to my testimony or concerns etc.. All have vanished into a black hole. I have never even gotten any acknowledgment that they were received, let alone read.

"Never use absolutes"... ;-)
JohnS, I should have said she always responds to MY emails, although most people I know get a response of some kind. I hate to see Tiffany out of a job, but the only question for me in the Council race at this point is which of Ms. Naeole's opponents to vote for. Oh well, Tiff is smart and will land on her feet. Also, I think it unwise to count Emily Naeole out. She might win and surprise us all.

Cheers,
Jerry
Emily's winning shouldn't be too surprising. I'm sure she wouldn't carry a Punaweb vote, but her support base is still strong and she IS the one to beat. She has a couple of credible opponents to split and dilute the opposition vote. I wish her luck and as long as Tiffany's onboard think her next term will contain fewer distractions.

The Barbara Hale affair, and the latest "harrasment" claim are pretty lame attempts to derail her.

Any confidence I had that Gumapac would be a good replacement was shattered at his fraying under pressure from queries and replies here. He could have answered James' questions without the snarky attempts to discredit the good Doctor. How's he going to react to intercouncil scrums?