Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOG
Those videos on your blog Damon just reinforce why we're lucky we live Hawaii. Crazy stuff on the mainland. And lucky we live Puna despite what the rest of the state thinks to me Puna is the best value of all. And I love the rain. I lived on the lee side for years and I'll never go back. I'm spoiled now by the clean air and cool temperatures. Most people can't handle the idea of frequent rain and no white sand beaches. I never used the beaches anyway. the only difference to me is I have to cross lava to get in the Ocean instead of sand. A little harder but you get used to it.

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
quote:
Originally posted by Spider Tim

It makes me wonder why anyone would want to live in Kona? It is beautiful and has nice beaches, but Inflated prices, Vog and even more traffic these are daily problems for what seems like not as much gain. It doesn't add up in my head just to stay a little drier. Perhaps I need to live there to "Get" it.

Alot of it has to do with employment. Lot's of lay offs on the East side and more to come in 2009. Very hard to find a good job here that last even a few years.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
This is why creative minds need to come together to create businesses on the East Side. There are tons of markets that could use some great people. Think about it and think about ventures that you might make happen. My husband is working with the UHH Business School to create a mentoring program for starting new businesses, which would include microfinanacing by an Angel Investor Group. E-mail me if you have ideas and I will pass them on to my husband, the progam is not only for graduates of the UHH B School, though they are backing it.

BTW, no way would we want to live in Kona. It is the S. CA "SECOND EDITION". It sems like 95% of the population there is people that want hot weather and sunshine and now they are not getting the sun, instead they are getting VOG... much like living in LA. Gross.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com

There was an earlier idea where people were throwing business ideas around:
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5667
Interesting thread, and a few good ideas Bakker. The program with UHH is going to be aimed at keeping more of those young fresh grads in Hawaii and creating jobs for even more people. It will also benefit the community as a whole in many ways. This is obviously getting off topic from Vog... so I guess we should start a new thread or dig up that old one and get it humming again. I will post this there as well and so we can get the ball rolling in that direction.

quote:
Originally posted by rbakker

There was an earlier idea where people were throwing business ideas around:
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5667

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com