Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tattoos........ Is it art ?

I seriously doubt any teenage girls are gonna have real tattoos! Art work runs roughly 150 to $200 an hour. But for under $5.00 you can get an awesome stick-on tattoo that truly looks real!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I'm with snappy on this one. The beauty of it is in the eye of the beholder. It is also in the artistry of the tattoo, and the canvas on which it was needled. Generally, I think of tattoos as a blight, associate them with criminality, and they go against my personal predeliction of never looking back. They have such a permanence. I am against permanence. I am inclined toward the future. I would never voluntarily get a tattoo. But I have seen some tattoos that actually enhance the tattooed. It's rare. But it can happen. And the exotica of it makes it memorable.
I agree with Glen.
In some civilized countries it is considered to be mostly "jail art".
Carey you wimp!!!

Royall

What goes around comes around!

i wont tattoo anyone under 18 unless a parent is with them,and signs for them.
Damon dont be scared......i wont feel a thing!
the one for sure thing i do know about tattoos is,ya get one ya get ten.they are very addicting,i have actualy seen people jones for a tat..my old lady was totally against tattoos when we met 5yrs ago ,she had 1 lil tester tat and now she is on #5....its all about the art,they have found tattoos that are over 5,000 yrs old,makes me wonder ,is tattooing the third oldest profession???
rudedogg

RUDEDOGG
RUDEDOGG
Glen, tattoos are not permanent because people aren't permanent. As John Maynard K. said, in the long run we are all dead.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
I can't believe that people still associate tattoos with sailors & bikers or just plain criminals? How many cultures have tattooing ceremony of some sorts? Isn't the south Pacific where tattooing first started? Personally I see nothing wrong with tattoos. As a matter of fact, I have several Khmer tattoos on my body. But I also know how society can be real anal about tattoos too, it's the reason why none of my tattoos can be seen once I put on a short sleeve shirt.

I'm also intrigued by different cultures use of tattooing, and the stories behind the tattoos too. Like for instance the tattoos of Russian prisoners. Every single last tattoo on the body of a Russian convict tells a story about that individual's life in and out of prison! For me that kinda stuff is real interesting.

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Potential scenarios:

Grand Ma, what did your tramp stamp say when it was new?
Juicy, Lisa, it said Juicy.

Are we going to Granny Juicy's for thanksgiving?
No Bobby, we are going to visit Grand Pa "Player" in the nursing home.