Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
east side chipper
Anyone know of a tree chipper in Puna? In the last storm 5 of the neighbors trees fell on my property...I think chipping is the best removal...when the insurance goes after the absent landholders their cost will be more than their property is worth!!

howard
howard
And Mele Kalikimaka to you.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
what kind of wood? Is it good for firewood?

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Albezias, good for not much....

howard
howard
What effect would an application of chips over raw or compacted rock, either AA or ripped. It's a forest building tree and would certainly beat paid for cinder or dirt in price. Wouldn't be a good top, but might help support new roof growth and minimise replant cost.
Gordon J Tilley
There is a post about weed growth in wood chips, which are basically young dirt. Not a high value, mabe free in hilo, but less trucking makes it free. Now you'll need less soil brought in, probably half, and that aint cheap.
Any commodity has a value,the value increases demand. The ideal way to eradicate albesia is to create a demand, and someone will greedily rape the prescious remaing stands. And that would make wood chips useful and help the aina in a natural way.
Thats what happened to the sandalwood! Who did it , and why?
Gordon J Tilley
I thought I'd bump this rather than make a new thread. Can anyone recommend a brush chipper in Volcano area? We have piles of guava and small faya that we just cut and would like to chip it up. Most of it is under 2" dia.