Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matson may strike tonight
Absolutely, if anyone things that kind of work is a breeze--well, think again. Those guys earn every penny. There's a shortage of AB's anyhow. Anyone looking for work?
well, I bought toilet paper today anyway. Am well plyed for the next month or three.
One of the three unions called for a strike today. How its going to affect the other unions and shipments from the mainland to Hawaii is yet to be seen.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...n+Saturday
LOL, when I went to Costco this week, I laughingly stocked up on TP and Paper Towels. Now I guess it might not be so funny!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Well if there was ever a business that should be taken over and run by the state, this would be it. Between them and HELCO, the state is just too dependent on them. The services are as vital as police and fire departments and those aren't run by independent for profit corporations. Neither should shipping of food and supplying of electricity.
Both shipping and energy are very highly regulated industries... I often wonder what would happen to rates if anyone with a boat or aircraft could start hauling freight between ports.
[quote]Originally posted by Bullwinkle

Both shipping and energy are very highly regulated industries...
Like mafia?

Then you know what happens[V]
quote:
The Dock workers want more? What, the two hour lunch isn't enough?
I'm pretty sure the dock workers are Longshoremen, not the Unions mentioned in the article. Unfortunately, they won't need to strike if no barges are coming. Maybe someone can enlighten me if I am wrong.

The Longshoremen are a union, probably one of the strongest unions around. And they will not load or unload a barge if they have to cross picket lines.

Has anyone heard about what is going on with the strike? Since a certain someone died in another location (definitely NOT Puna), that is all the news seems to be about.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Strike is over.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...ke+is+over