Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopters circling in HPP
Naw, just a general reminder. If a DEA agent thinks he might get shut down wouldn't he try to boost his production to prove he's needed, this wouldn't be a bad assignment with COLA.

But I've never heard of that closing airspace, heck I've seen latex balloons at 10K'. I think rockets would freak the Io.

Mark P, no one is suggesting any sort of unsafe moves or even to suggest we do, jay was joking and I reminded everyone of a previous incident of shots being fired at an aircraft. Your reply should show everyone how people on the other side react to any little gaf. Pilots have been loosing a lot of space, but so have we all. Puna is a quiet place and isn't going to change and most of us don't appreciate frequent overflights. Sorry but a lot of chopper pilots are cowboys, I'd dig a joyride, but they also have lost more than a few.

Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by gtill

Previously, much effort has gone into this subject, but until a unanamus voice is heard, nothing will come of it.
So true. And, you have to fight the fight that can be won. Until people stop listening to political, environmental, and other nonsense sound bites and learn what is and isn't the rules, they are complaining about the other team being offside before the snap when the game is blackjack.
So far I haven't seen or heard anything but hysterical rants from people.
Grandma Nan's videos don't prove anything.The one with the comments from Damon that says"YOU CAN ACTUALLY HERE THE COP RADIOS!", I can only hear her and her husband talking on a walkie talkie.
I did a google search and found 2 out of focus pictures that were obviously taken with a zoom lens and they didn't prove anything about how high the helicopters were.

You would think at least one person could walk outside and take a picture.

You do all realize that tour helicopters mostly operate under visual flight rules.Due to variation in clouds and rain , the flight pattern will change from day to day.On days of heavy rain I see them flying just out past the coastline and staying below the bottoms of the clouds.On other days they fly just mauka of my house and on very clear days I never hear or see any helicopters.
The info I found before had the tour birds following the coast, south to the lava entry, and up to around Kurtistown yhrn south over a little or non populated area between Eden Roc and Fern Acs.

But aint nothing going to stop DEA or Green Hvst. until the big guy just elected says so.
Gordon J Tilley
HELCO will be doing line inspections on Wed and Thur .

They will not fly directly over the power lines.

They need to fly near them , but not over them.

Good news is on the horizon.DEA will soon start using the Predator unmanned UAV.It can see your house address from 20,000 ft and you will never hear it.
Thanks for informing the masses Obie! I heard the announcement on KAPA yesterday.

That is also good news about the Predator, nice quiet survailance. Do I detect target practice?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com