Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandering WHITE dog!
Aloha!

Just encountered a White German Shepherd - roaming the neighborhood - it knows and likes people - came to me - gave it water - wanted to get in the house.

It's somebody's pet - I didn't have any way to restrain it and it walked away - checking other yards.

Bottom of Makuu - along Beach and Ala Heiau - pointing in the general direction of Paradise.

Hope he finds his family and friends!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
Here's what I wrote on 4/15:
Posted - 04/15/2009 : 06:15:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really can't speak for her, but I think Pele is a little angry right now. Keep your eye out for white dogs, men who are half-pig (plenty of those), and, of course, be on the lookout for Pele's kahu. It could be any one of us. If you are feeling a little volcanic right now, it could be you. Don't destroy the island unintentionally. Be aware that you may be possessed and may be channeling Pele's rage. Scoff and enrage her some more.
Possessed I am - with what or whom?

Answers vary!
Have you seen the dog since you listed the post? I save all the Lost&
Found about missing pets from the paper. Early April someone placed an ad about a missing large white male shepherd dog in East Hawaii.

When a pet is lost, look at all areas of the island. A friends pet
was caught and dumped in Waikoloa, lucky she ran a picture and the
pet was returned. A dog taken, dropped off in a desolate area, again found and returned.

It would be great if someone could start an Big Island website, dealing
with Lost & Found pets around the Island![Smile]
Glen - When I first saw "the dog" - I thought of you - your "white dog" post - and the "white bunny". If "the bunny" shows up - I will then be contacting GLEN THE KAHUNA for a blessing (since obviously PELE is telling me something) - before I and my ohanna fall into the sea!

hikatz - neither hide nor hare has been seen!
Saw this ad on craigslist and called the guy to let him know about this post so he is going to check it out. If anyone sees the dog again try calling him.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/grd/1130658373.html

Just so all the fellow craigslisters out there don't deluge the guy with calls.
I was just down on Beach Rd. and ran into a guy looking for this dog. (friendly white german shepard). The animal wandered away from a construction site. The owner (Dave) can be reached at 936-7118 and would be greatful for the recovery of his pet.

punatoons