Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeals to the Tax Board of Review
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

Devany, I understood your comment. I have pretty decent reading comprehension skills. [Wink] Obviously I didn't know of the information you added in your last post. What I was commenting on was your remark
quote:
It is laughable how low the taxes (and assessments) are here.
no, it is not laughable to the people here on pensions. $2000 a year is a lot.
Yes, the pensioners taxes do go up when the square footage assessment rises because of million dollar sales in the area.
ETA - Sorry to bump an old topic, but assessment time is coming round again. Where do people think it will go in 2011, up or down?

Why would you go back and edit an 18 month old post?
Caught in a lie? [Wink]
mdd7000, what business is it of yours if someone edits a post?

Anyone on Punaweb can edit a post any time they like wihtout explanation.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
A few people here cannot seem to mind their own business, so I deleted my information from a post. Lesson learned about treating a local forum as a place to share. I was inspired to delete by mdd making remarks that I had shared too much personal info, so it is ironic that he's the one who jumps on me for removing it, when he caused me to rethink. [Wink]

That edit should have been a delete. Sorry about bumping the old topic.
Thank you Rob for pointing out that people are allowed to edit here.

PS. mdd, your information about me is still incorrect, and still none of your business!

"Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don't mean." — Bob Dylan
Best thing to do w/ tax assessment is to have good comps and be prepared to explain your side of the issue like any negative influences on your property. In my personal case in Denver at $1500 per year it seems like a bargain. My assessed value has always been way below resonable market value so I don't bother fighting it (too much brain damage). Some places like New York state have chased away allot of residents w/ inflated income and property tax where as the Hilo/Puna districts would be crazy to jack things up too high w/ the realestate market still waivering.